Jan 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In WIP



Click on picture to see the verses up close.
What fun I had last night on the Friday Night Sew-in sponsored by Heidi.
Go over to visit Heidi and see what others did at the Sew-In.
As of now it is a work in progress.  I started out with a panel I had purchased a while back called "Seeds of Faith" by Leanne Anderson.  I combined it with Moda Jelly roll fabrics to make  a little quilt square border around it.  My goal was to finish it last night, then discovered I did not have enough batting to finish it last night.  I purchased that today and got the batting and backing put together and pinned.  I am now trying to decide how I want to quilt it and what binding I want to use.  The Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11, which is my daughter, Brenda's favorite verse.  I thought she might enjoy having it when I get it finished.  It really looks better than my pictures display.  I will post it again when I get it finished.
Thanks, Heidi, for hosting the Sew-In, and I am looking forward to the next one!

9 comments:

Val said...

Oh Mom it is gorgeous. I think Brenda will LOVE it. You are doing such a wonderful job. You need to join the OPAM and let that be your project you finish by the end of the month. Isn't the sew in fun? I Love it. I am just about ready to post mine. I love you to the sky and back!

Needled Mom said...

I know she will love it. When I clicked on it, I could read all the beautiful words perfectly. I can't wait to see it finished.

Bobbi said...

oh my...that is so fabulous!!! the saying is touching! what a great mom you are!

Midlife Mom said...

That is lovely! What a great project, I know she will love it. I did my project but keep forgetting to sign up with Heidi, must go do that right now!!!!

Jocelyn said...

It looks beautiful. It was so fun to sew with you on Friday night :-)

Cath Ü said...

That is really lovely....I somehow missed this post yesterday when I went looking at everything.....
Cath Ü

SueWis said...

This is wonderful! Love the verse and the quilt.

Heidi said...

Oooh WOW.. I love this! I want that panel too. SO pretty and love the little verses.

Brenda said...

I can't wait!!!!! I love you, Mom. Love, Brenda