Jan 27, 2010

Victoria Update


Victoria is beginning to peep out of her bud!  There is a significant crack in the bud, signalling that the bloom is going to happen VERY SOON!  The original frond that I was measuring is left behind, as the stem has surpassed it in height.  Check her growth out!  I have watched her carefully, and I think when the bloom totally breaks out, it will be the day I consider she blooms.  (I have had a hard time trying to decide that!)  It won't be long, now, I am sure!  Then I will announce the winner!

6 comments:

Val said...

As your daughter, if I could be in this and I won, I would expect a plant!!! I am still looking for mine!!!!! Amazing how this has grown. Love you Mom

Andrea said...

Beautiful!!
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Needled Mom said...

It IS getting close now.

Midlife Mom said...

Victoria is growing much faster then I thought she would! lol! Slow down girl, slow down!!!

Terra said...

Is Victoria an amaryllis? I am sure she will be a great beauty when she blooms.

Memaw's memories said...

I grew one of these several years ago. It got so tall, I had to stake it, but the blooms were worth all the waiting and watching.