I got carried away today buying at our annual "1890 Days In Ringgold, GA". They close main street off, and it is full of vendors selling mostly hand crafted items, and good food, along with Blue Grass, Country, and Gospel music. It was very early in the morning, so the crowds had not yet begun to form. They are anticipating that about 20,000 people will visit before it is over tonight.
My sister and I started out with breakfast served at our church, First Baptist, then toured the little white tents. That's where I found it, the cutest hand-made little girl's dress, with socks to match. My granddaughter, Mandy and her husband have just found out that she is with child, and they are so excited! See their story on Valerie my daughter's blog. Now, since it is too early to know whether the baby will be a girl or boy, I just took the chance that it might be a girl and bought this lovely dress. "She" will be able to wear it in her first spring. BUT, if it is a boy, then we will just keep the dress until a little girl comes along!
Another purchase I made was for me! A lady had framed some pieces of an old handmade quilt and embroidered a poem and inserted it in the frame. I was not crazy over the frame, but could not resist the way she framed the quilt. I thought it would look good in my sewing room.
Then, there was a purse, handmade. I am intrigued lately with homemade purses, so naturally I had to get this one!
We finally tore ourselves away before we bought out the town! We really did have fun though, meeting with friends, walking down the middle of the street and listening to Blue Grass music!
4 comments:
That framed quilt and embroidery is so sweet. A simple saying and very true.
This is just great Mom. I know that you had to have a wonderful time. I love the little dress! I can't wait until Mandy sees it. Love Valerie
I love town festivals and parades. What a sweet dress that will be cherished. The framed quilt and saying are a great addition to a sewing room.
I love this dress, Nana! Thanks! It is so sweet of you to already be thinking of the little one.
Love you,
Mandy Jane
Post a Comment