May 16, 2008

Learning to Make a Purse




I have been working for a while on this purse for Triston, my great granddaughter. She saw one at Dollywood that she wanted so much, but it was extremely expensive. This purse does not look like the one she admired in Dollywood, but I found this pattern that I thought was cute, so I decided to do it. The fabric is all cotton, with toile fabric enhanced with a black and white floral on the bottom, and black for the ruffle. Inside, I used a white with black polka dots for the lining, along with more of the black floral for a band of little inside pockets. About half way thru making it, I changed the design slightly by adding the tie around it. It is far from perfect, but I had fun making it for Tris.

4 comments:

Val said...

This is so beautiful mom! I really love it....You know what that means....You have to make me one!

Unknown said...

I love this purse! Have a great weekend. Lisa~

Susie said...

You did a beautiful job! Your great granddaughter is sure to love this :)
hugs

Needled Mom said...

I have always loved black and white together. I just looks so sharp and classy. I hope she enjoys the purse.