May 12, 2008

Graduation with honors!


My wonderful grandson, Matt, is graduating from NADC (National Auto Diesel College)! With Honors! I am so proud of him.

Matt discovered his passion for working on automobile motors in high school. He graduated from high school last year, and entered NADC immediately. He finishes the course in July, and they did the actual graduation last Friday. They only have four graduations a year, so they work in the students to each one that is nearest to their finishing dates. Out of 208 students, Matt is one of the top honor students.

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the trip as I had to work, (our office is short of help due to an illness of one of our co-workers), but his Mom and Dad and brother went (Karen, Rollin, and Tyler), and my other daughter, Brenda and her family.

When Matt was small, I never imagined he would want to do this for a career, but he is GOOD at it, and I just wanted to say how very proud of him, his integrity, honesty, and dedication to what he has chosen for his life.

Congratulations, Matt!

5 comments:

Val said...

Oh I am so proud too! I love the picture. You go Matt! I have always prayed that my sisters would not have any trouble with their children. I wish I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom! I am so proud of him too!

Midlife Mom said...

Congratulations to Matt for a job well done!

What a lovely Mother's Day you had with your family! Aren't we blessed to have our families around us? Such a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Matt! We are so proud of you!!!
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

We are so very proud of you Matt! You are a great guy! We love you! Brenda, Tom, Jami and Robbie