May 29, 2008

Have you Ever Had One of "Those" Days????

I had one today! It is after midnight here, and I am finally able to laugh about it.

I came home to find that my new laptop computer had lost it's wireless connection, and my printer on my desktop had quit working! (Don't ask me what happened there, it is a long story!)

That was just the beginning!

Then I decided I would get my Star Quilt Along Block #3 that I am doing with Amanda Jean completed tonight, and it was going well, so I thought. I made the seams too small, and it did not fit together right. I finally cut out another one rather than rip seams. I decided to leave the newly cut pieces for tomorrow night. (Good choice!)

I am working on a starter for Amish Bread, and it was time to feed it tonight. I thought about it about 11 PM. Have you ever smelled Amish Bread Starter when it has fermented?

It was in a zip lock plastic bag, the better to squeeze it every day instead of messing up a wooden spoon. I opened the zip lock bag to put in my cup of flour, cup of sugar, and cup of milk that it was anxiously waiting for and it slipped out of my hand, (did I say fermented?) spilling half the contents all over me, my house shoes, my cabinet top and cabinet doors, and all over the tiled floor!

As I waded thru the (fermented) mess in the floor, I was finally able to remove the soaked house shoes and get to the linen closet to get a towel to wipe up the floor.

Finally, got to the point where I could get the mop and start cleaning up the tiled floor, and in between the tiles where the grout is.........I could just see that drying inside the grout lines!

A half bottle of Pinesol, and 4 moppings, plus washing down the cabinet doors, removing my clothes and putting them in the washer, I felt like I was doing well.

Then, I decided to water a plant in the kitchen window!

It leaked out the bottom all over the counter top!

Clothes going in washer, mop safely outside to dry, plant dried on bottom, cabinets cleaned and dry.

I think I will go to bed, if I can get there without another disaster! : - )

13 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

oh man I hope you slept well.

Jan said...

Hahaha. I've had days like that. I hope today is better! Jan

Needled Mom said...

Oh man...we can all relate. Best bet is to just go to bad and try again tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Praise him for the blessings! All is well today (your computers / printers are now fixed) I can't help with the quilting or the bread! Love you!

Val said...

Oh how funny! The same thing happened to me yesterday with a coke dropping and spewing all over the kitchen! At first I was mad, and then I remembered this is just a test. Today is a whole other story! I have really been tested today! Ha! You made me smile! You better get a nap today after work. Thank you for calling me!
P.S. I notice that the song is back on!!!!!!

Susie said...

I think we can all relate to "days like this"
Today is a new day and things always look brighter in the morning light!
hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nana! Sounds like a day! I started laughing when I opened your blog because this song (every light in the house is on); I love it!!! At the same time all I can sing in my head is "I want to rock and roll all night!" One day I will come to your blog and that song will come on...I'll die!!! I'm sorry you had a bad day. It does seem like everything always goes wrong on the same day. You are such a strong women and I look up to you so much. You deserve wonderful days always!!! I love you. You make Grandma Cochran happy each and every day!!!

Love,
Mandy Jane

Val said...

Rock & Roll?? I can't wait to hear that too! I love you MOM

Anonymous said...

I have definitely had one of those days. I hope you had a better day today!

Midlife Mom said...

Guess we all have had those trying days but yours was certainly one for the records!!! Yikes! That was a lot of cleaning up to do!!

Loved your post with all the flags.

Midlife Mom said...

PS I will be putting the rhubarb pie recipe in my next post. Will probably be Monday. Be sure to try it, it's yummy!

Alison said...

Oh boy, I've had many of those days. It is a new day tomorrow. I haven't started my quiltalong blocks yet. I put all the fabrics together tonight though!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've had days like that! I'm glad you can laugh about it.
Mama Bear